It is known, that olive trees appeared in Greece more than 5,000 years ago and found best conditions for themselves in these lands . Olive trees grow into the wild in Crete and in the mountainous part of Greece for decades, multiplying in the natural environment. Punching rocks, their roots go deep into the ground, to feed the fruits by valuable substances.
Olive oil from other countries are often inferior in quality to the Greek oil, becouse raw materials for it is collected throughout the region from the olive trees, that were planted specifically and abundantly watered. And because of it the concentration of active substances in the olives, which were grown by this way, decreases, and flavor weakens, and in order to make the oil, that will be corresponded to the quality standards, manufacturers add the necessary amount of Greek olive oil to it.
We bring our oil from Greece – the blessed land, warmed by the Mediterranean sun.
Delivery in Russia is carried out by sea in a professional packaging “Flexitank.” Packaging production, that is located in St. Petersburg, gently takes our liquid gold and packs it to the most modern type of packaging Bag-in-Box, which allows the oil to be stored up to 24 months without losing its excellent organoleptic properties, and retains the natural benefits of our product.
A little about the product:
The character of the soil and climatic conditions are very important for olives . Depending on their features the color, flavor and aroma of the oil may vary. There are more than 700 varieties of olives grown in different parts of the world from America to Australia, but the Greek oil is still a bit “stronger”, with a stronger taste.
To determine the organoleptic characteristics of the oil you should perform a small tasting. Make a sip and hold it in your mouth. Pay attention to the color and bouquet, fruit taste, piquancy, slight bitterness, enveloping texture and highlight the deficiencies, for example, rancidity, mustiness, wood tinge.
It’s need 5 kg of olives to prepare one liter of olive oil Extra Virgin class. Olive tree gives 8 liters of oil an average. In Greece, the collection of olives is done by hand.
Professionals say that for a good crop of olives need five elements: sun, stones, dryness, silence and solitude.
What is the benefit of olive oil first cold pressed?
- Vitamin E is a pledge of youth of your skin, hair, nails and internal organs;
- Monounsaturated fats are the healthiest fats – they reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, but do not change the level of “good” cholesterol high-density lipoprotein – (APs);
- The unique composition of the oil neutralizes free radical molecules, that cause an irreparable damage to the body by oxidizing ;
- Olive oil is very good for the digestive system. It enhances the activity of the stomach, intestines, pancreas and liver. Promotes healing of ulcers of the stomach and duodenum. It has choleretic and mild laxative effect. Not one oil does not possess these properties.
- A dessert spoon of olive oil Extra Virgin class, that is accepted on an empty stomach for three months, helps to cure stomach ulcers and gastritis, while the spoon of sunflower oil, in such situation, is able to provoke aggravation of biliary colic and digestive tract diseases;
- In addition, the researchers found, that oleic acid, contained in olive oil, stimulates gene, that suppresses the activity of cancer cells. Accordingly, the risk of cancer is reduced, particularly breast cancer in women.